How we can help
Are your clinical research sites doing all they can to give trial participants the best possible experience? It’s not always easy to know what keeps patients motivated during a trial and we know investigators are busy with limited time to think about it.
But this is an important parameter for study success: ensuring sites are performing optimally will help patients stay engaged right to the end of your trial. We know of clinical trials for seemingly effective treatments that ultimately failed because too many patients dropped out during the course of the research.
As leaders in the provision of site optimisation services, we make sure this doesn’t happen to you. We support sites to optimise their performance and provide the best possible patient experience, so that you can focus on your research.
We have more than eight years’ experience of working with leading pharmaceutical companies and Clinical Research Organisations (CROs) in this area.
Clinical Enrolment Managers
Working across more than 55 countries and 65 languages
Our Clinical Enrolment Managers (CEMs) are experienced clinical research professionals who take the time to understand the trial design and architecture of each site. They cover more than 55 countries and can work with investigators in their local language, either over the phone or in person.
Our CEMs create site specific recruitment strategies and implementation plans, which benefit from our extensive global experience in recruitment best practices. They review sites’ pre-screening process, patient pathway and referral process to maximise site enrollment potential. And they look at site-level risks to performance and put strategies in place to mitigate these.
Breaking down barriers to clinical trial participation
We are dedicated to removing barriers to participation across whole communities. Our Community Outreach Specialists, who are based around the world, work locally in communities and with community physicians to share study information with potential participants.
Our team can also:
- advise sites on services that will make it easier for patients to take part in clinical trials and encourage their participation, such as clinic timings and transport assistance
- provide localised, relevant information presented in an appropriate way to help increase understanding of your study with potential participants and the physicians likely to refer them
Supporting your pre-screening process
Identifying potential, eligible patients for your trial is vital, but study sites often lack the time or resource necessary to do the chart review or database search. Let us help. We have extensive experience in pre-screening and our Nurse Practitioners are on hand to perform a chart review either onsite or remotely.
Physician Referral Networks
Optimising your patient referral pathway
We know that physicians and nurses are interested in discussing clinical trials with their patients, but cite a lack of time and study information as the main reasons for not referring patients*. We bridge the gap between study sites and those healthcare professionals with the ability to refer patients.
Our services in this area include:
- working with sites to generate a unique patient referral pathway, which is specific to each site, to make referrals easier for healthcare professionals
- proactively managing the referral pathway to maintain a steady stream of referrals
- networking events for physicians and nurses that are designed to raise the profile of your study
- creating study information kits for referring healthcare professionals
- direct communication between investigators, physicians and nurses during and after the clinical trial
* Tufts Impact Report, 2017
Site Engagement and Training
Helping you to keep staff performing at their best
Sites that are motivated and engaged drive study success and recruitment. But we know that they are busier than ever and taking the time to ensure staff are performing at their best can be difficult.
We support study sites to elevate their performance through site engagement plans, recruitment workshops and training, site communications and training for Clinical Research Associates. We also work with sites to set up appreciation and recognition programmes.